Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Knitting and Crocheting

I've finally finished my first knit wool soaker. It's for baby of course! Knitting has become one of my favorite pastimes - it's so relaxing. It can be done in the car or late at night when I just need to unwind. Time is something I'm always laking in however so when I do finish a project I'm so happy!

For this wool soaker I used the Tiny Birds free soaker pattern.

She does a great job outlining the pattern as it is worked which is great for us beginners who need a visual. ;) The one thing I did want to add was the ruffled edge but I really wanted something a little simplier than what the pattern called for in case we use it under clothing. I'm a novice at crochet too, but I found another visual online to help with adding a crochet edging to the knit soaker.


I chose some lions brand wool for this soaker since it was my first attempt. Didn't want to use something really nice until I got it down but even my knitting guru and "teacher" says she's very impressed! This same friend said this project was very ambitious of me. lol Guess I'm the ambitious type - I go overboard a lot!! Doesn't the soaker look cute with the funky Sweet Mama Small Sugar top I got her?

I'm working on some embellished diapers with Heather Bailey's Fresh Cut fabric. I love prefolds - soft Indian ones are my favorites. Cotton is cool and natural, lasts forever and is fun to dress up. Fresh Cut fabric is just beautiful and reminds me of summer fun. Baby will sure to love being dressed up in some of my recent creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment